My name is Brian Reich. I’m a freelance web developer in Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, and I own and run Reich Web Consulting.
I’m a problem-solver. That’s probably why I gravitated towards programming at such a young age, because programming is nothing if not problem solving (and inventing problems to solve, on occasion).
My problem-solving nature goes beyond code. I’m remodeling my house. I fix just about everything that breaks on my own. Whether my friends need their computer repaired of help finishing drywall, they often call me first. This do-it-yourself mentality gives me tremendous respect for the folks in our community that makes things happen: the makers, the builders, the creators, and the small business owners.
Back in 2014 I accepted a job at a large ad agency and it exposed a new problem: small businesses lack good options when it comes to choosing who designs their business website and leads their web marketing endeavors. In less than a year I resigned and took a gamble on myself: I now run Reich Web Consulting, a one-man web design and web marketing company that aims to fill the small business niche in my local market of Union County, Pennsylvania.
Off-hours, I like being a “maker” myself. I’m a passionate woodworker. I also love remodeling, gardening, and exploring different medium to express my creativity. If you enjoy that kind of thing you can check out my hobby-horse side-project, The Renaissance Caveman.
- Graduated from Midd-West High School in 2000.
- Received BS in Computer Science from Bloomsburg University in 2006
- Received a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Certification in 2009
- Obtained the following Certificates from Lynda.com:
- Online Marketing Basis, January 2016
- SEO for Local Visibility, September 2015
- User Experience Fundementals for Web Design, September 2015
- Up and Running with Lightroom 5, September 2014
- WordPress Mobile Solutions, September 2014
- Obtained the following Certificates from Facebook BluePrint E-Learning Portal:
- Reich Web Consulting, 2003-Present. Owner and Operator. Website designer, developer, SEO, web marketing consultant and IT Specialist
- SUN Area Technical Institute. IT Specialist. Responsible for managing network devices, design, development and maintenance of website and intranet applications.
- Mojo Active, 2014-2015. Web Developer. Responsible for development of websites and web applications in proprietary Asp.net and C# CMS.
- Member of SUN Area Technical Institute’s Computer Networking Technology Occupational Advisory Board