It happens at least once a week: a client, friend, or relative calls me in a panic and proceeds to explain, often in colorful terms, that their computer is acting strangely and they’re afraid that they’ve caught a virus. I listen calmly, then make a trip to their home or business to diagnose the problem for myself. In my experience one, maybe two of these calls out of ten actually result in the discovery of a real virus. Admittedly that’s only part of the story, so before you start thinking that viruses aren’t a threat to your PC, let me explain.
Malware refers to software that “junks up” your computer and does annoying and malicious things like launch popup windows, sends spam, or redirects your web browser. Malware is similar to a virus, but often has a profit motive and relies on user deception rather than security flaws to run on a system.
- Monday-Friday: 7am to 6pm
- Saturday: 7am to 6pm
- Sunday: Closed
- This is great! I was trying to create an automated visual...May 16, 2019 - 11:59 AM by KC
- I'm having trouble with the syntax in line 14. I'd like...July 31, 2018 - 12:53 PM by Robert Logan
- […] Website Design […]December 29, 2017 - 12:40 PM by SEO Starter Guide 2017 | Reich Web Consulting
- […] that it’s a no-brainer to hire one company to...March 17, 2017 - 8:13 AM by Questions to Ask to Find a Web Designer | Reich Web Consulting