One of my coworkers just asked me if there is a better way to take large amounts of screenshots in Windows. I’m sure there is some software that does just that, but why bother when all the tools new need are already at hand? Literally! You can quickly take multiple screenshots using MS Paint, your Print Screen key, and a couple of shortcut keys. Here’s how.
- Open MS Paintby Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Paint.
- Get your screen ready for screen capture.
- Press your Print Screen key (PRTSCN).
- Press ALT+TAB to go back to Paint.
- Press CTRL+V to paste the screen capture.
- Press CTRL+S to save it.
- Press CTRL+N to open a new image.
- Wash, rinse, repeat.
Windows (Vista and 7) also have a handy utility built in called the Snipping Tool that lets you do exactly the same thing but allows you to add annotations and highlighting to your images before you save them. For more information about the Snipping Tool, read this excellent tutorial from About.com.