Search engine optimization is the science of optimizing a website for maximum visibility to it’s target audience through search engines like Google. Reich Web Consulting provides SEO services to help small businesses in Central Pennsylvania reach potentials customers whether they’re next door or an ocean away.
We start with keyword research and site analysis. We’ll then plan and changes to your content and structure to optimize your site for Google.
We start by making sure your website lists your business information in the right format. We then verify that your local listings and citations are accurate across the web.
Ad Campinas: when holistic SEO is too slow and time-consuming. Paid search results and targeted ads on social media will drive customers to your site that are primed to buy.
What is Search Engine Optimization
A good search engine attempts to provide the best answer to a user’s question. That question could be just about anything: pet medication, what’s the capitol of Alaska, discount tennis shoes, how to build a Shaker-style chest of drawers, cheap bed-and-breakfast near Acadia National Park. Optimizing a website for search engines involves a number of things.
- Know which questions you want the website to answer.
- Make sure the website really does answer those questions.
- Make sure that Google knows it answers the questions.
- Attempt to provide the best possible answers to the questions.
In other words good SEO can be boiled down to high-quality, well-organized content. In theory search engine optimization sounds incredibly simple. But in reality, it involves thousands of factors involving both man and machine. Fortunately Reich Web Consulting is available to help you navigate the waters in a way that fits your business and budget.
What is Organic Search Engine Optimization
Google, Bing, and Yahoo determine how well a website answers a particular question based on thousands of factors. We call these factors signals, and we call the page’s score for a particular keyword it’s rank. Signals include:
- On-page factors. On-page factors can be optimized by modifying the website’s structure and content. An example would be how the page title incorporates the keywords and key phrases of the search query.
- Off-page factors. Off-page factors include things like in-bound link quantity and quality, and social network buzz. In other words, who is linking to you? And how trustworthy are they?
- Technical factors. Technical factors include things like broken links, page load speed, mobile optimization, and security. Does your website contain a lot of broken links? Has Google indexed content that no longer exists? Has your site been hacked?
Organic search engine optimization is the process of optimizing a website’s search engine singals to provide high-quality and highly trusted answers to users’ questions.
What is Local Search Engine Optimization
For better or worse, modern devices usually know where we’re at. Even when they don’t we often tell them so they can provide us with better answers to our questions. When Google knows your location it will provide localized search results. This provides an additional opportunity to put your small business in front of users eyeballs.
Any time a user searches with their mobile device or adds a location to their search, they’ll see local search results. That’s a huge number of very specific search results that you’ll want your business to be listed in.
Local Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing your website and other websites that cite or list your business for accurate, consistent, and trustworthy citations. It involves:
- Making sure that your website lists your business name, address, and phone number (called NAP) in their proper form and in a format that is easily understood by Google.
- Making sure that other websites that cite your website such as FourSquare, Facebook, CitySearch, and others list proper NAP data and provide a high-quality, trustworthy citation.
- Increasing the number of high-quality, accurate, and trustworthy citations of your business information exist on the Internet.
- Optimizing your Google My Business listing.
Local Search Engine Optimization is critical to the type of businesses that I love to work for. Good local search placement, trustworthy information, and positively reviewed local listings are critical. They will attract customers right in your own backyard that otherwise may never have known you existed.
Ad Campaigns, Search Engine Marketing, and Social Media Marketing
Ad campaigns are a generic term I use to refer to buying online ad space. This includes Google, Facebook Ads and Boosted posts, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other networks.
Remember a few moments ago when I said a good search engine’s job is to answer a user’s question to the best of it’s ability? I haven’t been entirely honest with you. A good search engine that’s publicly traded also has the job of earning dividends for shareholders, and as such pay-to-play search results have been part of the game for a very, very long time.
When you search on Google, Bing, or Yahoo, there are locations above, below, and to the side of organic search results where paid advertisements may display that are relevant to the user’s query. The key is relevence. Business owners can setup ads, targeted at very specifies search queries, and bid on placement in these locations in the search results.
Here are some of the benefits of paid search:
- For a premium, you can jet to prominence without work of optimizing your organic SEO
- You can combine good organic SEO, Local SEO, and paid search placement to essentially dominate the first page of Google
- Use highly targeted ads to reach a niche audience, already primed to buy your product
We can help you setup effective advertisements on search engines such as Google or Bing that yield great results at a moderate cost.