I still find myself supported a lot of home computers running Windows XP Home Edition. Every once in a while someone neglects to give me the password for the 1 and only account displayed on the Welcome page when Windows first starts. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it), very few home users ever bother to change the admin password. So if you find yourself unable to log in to do a lost password, reboot into Safe Mode and simply click “Administrator.” From there you can go into User Accounts and reset the password for the primary account.
Windows is an operating system by Microsoft. Windows runs on PC’s, laptops, phones, and other devices.
One of my coworkers just asked me if there is a better way to take large amounts of screenshots in Windows. I’m sure there is some software that does just that, but why bother when all the tools new need are already at hand? Literally! You can quickly take multiple screenshots using MS Paint, your Print Screen key, and a couple of shortcut keys. Here’s how.
- Open MS Paintby Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Paint.
- Get your screen ready for screen capture.
- Press your Print Screen key (PRTSCN).
- Press ALT+TAB to go back to Paint.
- Press CTRL+V to paste the screen capture.
- Press CTRL+S to save it.
- Press CTRL+N to open a new image.
- Wash, rinse, repeat.
Windows (Vista and 7) also have a handy utility built in called the Snipping Tool that lets you do exactly the same thing but allows you to add annotations and highlighting to your images before you save them. For more information about the Snipping Tool, read this excellent tutorial from About.com.
- Monday-Friday: 7am to 6pm
- Saturday: 7am to 6pm
- Sunday: Closed
- […] Website designers and developers account for differences...July 26, 2019 - 9:04 PM by What is a Web Browser?
- This is great! I was trying to create an automated visual...May 16, 2019 - 11:59 AM by KC
- I'm having trouble with the syntax in line 14. I'd like...July 31, 2018 - 12:53 PM by Robert Logan
- […] Website Design […]December 29, 2017 - 12:40 PM by SEO Starter Guide 2017 | Reich Web Consulting